This document gives guidance and information about what the current Covid-19 restrictions and requirements mean for activities at Stockton SLSC. This is a live document and may change as restrictions and requirements change. See below for key information for each portfolio activities.
This document is based on rules and guidelines currently in place and is effective as at:
06 September 2021
Lifesaving and Patrols
- The 2021/22 patrol season will commence on Saturday 18 September 2021. Patrols will be Saturdays 10am – 2pm and Sundays 9am – 5pm.
- The first 3 weekends of patrols will be undertaken on a voluntary basis and not as per the roster. We are calling for volunteers to cover these shifts. Please put your name in the roster at THIS LINK – CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR NAME IN THE ROSTER
- No member is compelled to patrol if you do not feel comfortable to do so in the current climate. The club understands this is an individual decision and respects each and every member’s position and circumstance.
- If you reside outside of the Newcastle Local Government Area (LGA) you need to complete the following requests:
- SLSNSW request for exemption to travel letter by clicking on THIS LINK
- Service NSW request to travel by clicking on THIS LINK
- An Information Session will be held via Zoom on Saturday 11 September, 9am to brief you on how the first few weeks of patrol will unfold, and answer any questions you might have. REGISTER HERE for the info session, you will be sent the zoom link once you have registered.
- Stockton SLSC is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our members and as such will provide the following PPE for lifesavers while on patrol for use as required; masks, face shields, gowns, protective glasses / goggles, alcohol wipes and hand sanitiser.
- All patrol members should read the SLSNSW Covid-19 Lifesaving Information Pack which contains important information and FAQs.
Enquiries about lifesaving and patrols please contact Director of Lifesaving Brendon Ryman firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 339 635
- Nippers is now planned to commence on Sunday 7 November 2021 instead of the original date of 19 September 2021
- Board training with Warren will commence as soon as is allowed and will be communicated when a date is set.
- Nippers and Nipper Parents can renew memberships, and new Nippers can join online now. Visit the club website HERE for information on renewing and joining
Enquiries about Nippers please contact Director of Member Services Trevor Upton email@example.com
Education and Training
- We have put a hold on any face to face training at this stage and will resume when conditions allow
Enquiries about education and training please contact Director of Education Willow Forsyth firstname.lastname@example.org 0412 146 349
Skills Maintenance (Proficiency)
- Members will receive an automatic email from ‘etrain LMS’ in early September with a link to online theory for 2021/22 Skills Maintenance. Please complete the online component when you can.
- Practical components will be completed when conditions allow and will be communicated to members as soon as a plan is in place.
- Minimum patrol hours for competing members have been reduced for season 2021/22 and are as follows:
- Active Members: 15+ hours
- Reserve Active: 7+ hour
- Information on how carnivals will be run is not yet known but will be communicated as soon as known
Enquiries about Surf Sports and competition please contact Director of Surf Sports James White email@example.com
- Existing members can renew for 2021/22 anytime online at the SLS Member Area.
- New members including new Nippers can join for 2021/22 season NOW online at join.sls.com.au – Tell your friends all about it!
- Check out the club website HERE for all current information, fees, FAQs and link to online portals to renew or join the club today
- Stockton SLSC has a refund policy that applies to memberships. Check it out on the club website
Wellbeing and Support of our Members
The health, safety and wellbeing of every one of our members is our number one priority. If you need support you can access any of the below supports:
- Stockton SLSC Club Chaplain – Michael Marklew 0417 263 354
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 www.lifeline.org.au
- Beyond Blue – Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service – 1800 512 348 https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au/
Are you experiencing financial difficulty and worried you and/or your children can’t participate in club activities? The club has a Member Support Program. Contact Jane Watson 0408 467 200 firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can support you and your family.
Important Additional Resources
- Stockton SLSC Covid Safety Plans, updates and resources http://www.stocktonsurfclub.com/covid-19/
- Surf Life Saving NSW Covid updates and resources https://www.surflifesaving.com.au/resources/coronavirus-covid-19-updates-resources-slsnsw-clubs
- Stockton SLSC Member Support Program www.stocktonsurfclub.com
- SLSNSW Covid-19 Information Packs including