5 Weeks Course
Provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue Boat in surf rescue operations.
Course outcomes: By the end of the course, you will be able to: Crew an IRB:
- List the different classes of IRB
- Identify the components of an IRB and ancillary equipment
- Contribute to the safe and efficient launching of an IRB
- Demonstrate safe crewing positions while negotiating the surf
- Perform emergency procedures
- Observation, hazards and risks are identified and clearly communicated to the driver
Maintain an IRB:
- Perform pre-operational checks and preventative maintenance of the IRB hull
- Perform post-operational maintenance of the IRB hull
- Report major wear or damage according to organisation procedures
- Perform conscious and unconscious casualty pick-ups
- Perform complex rescues including swimming rescues, sailboarder and kite surfer rescues.
Course starting on Saturday 14th October