Our club has experienced wonderful growth the past few seasons and in particular this current season with close to 300 Nippers.
With a growing Nippers program, kids are becoming more involved with Nippers Carnivals…which is fantastic.
This however presents our club with a requirement to have more officials (1 official per 10 competitors) attend carnivals on our behalf to assist with making Nippers Carnivals fun for all.
Under the new Officials training program, Hunter Surf Life Saving (HSLS) has decided to only put through Technical Officials as they feel this will ultimately result in better run carnivals for all competitors
As a Technical Official, you will be able to assist in the following areas:
- Marshall / Check Marshall
- Starter / Check Starter
- Finish Judge
Minimum age is 16 years, plus you need to be a financial member and have your Working With Children check.
Steps to becoming an Official:
- Contact Denise @ HSLS to register your intent to become an Official.
- Register through the E-Learning on SLSA member portal. (There is an initial cost. Reimbursement via our club is available though conditions apply)
- Complete SLS Technical Official E-Learning Resource.
- Work as a trainee Official at a local HSLS carnival.
- Attend a theory night at HSLS.