SLSNSW is calling for nominations from promising U12-U14 year old male and female athletes wishing to gain selection in to the 2016 SLSNSW Junior Development Academy.
Previously known as the Talented Athlete Program (TAP Camp), the SLSNSW Junior Development Academy aims to provide promising U12-U14 athletes the opportunity to develop their water based skills. This program is the first step in the athlete pathway that leads to representative teams in future years.
Surf Life Saving NSW is calling for nominations from U12-U14 athletes to form part of the 2016 SLSNSW Junior Development Academy. The 2016 SLSNSW Junior Development Academy camp will be from 5-7 October 2016 at the Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen.
The program will include training sessions with state coaches, technique analysis, athlete education sessions, and improving skills across all water based disciplines. Based on feedback from previous years, there will be a separate one day clinic for beach athletes in November 2016.
The program aims to provide:
- Athlete development pathways for surf sports in NSW;
- Improve athlete education and retention;
- Improve technique, skills and performance of athletes;
- Exposure to elite performance specialists;
- Continual improvement of the standard of Surf Sports in NSW.
Any athlete wishing to nominate should consider the following criteria:
- Should be competent swimmers and board paddlers.
- Train regularly with a club or have a consistent individual training plan.
- Preference will be given to those athletes who have not been selected in this program before.
For further information and link to online nomination form, please visit http://www.surflifesaving.com.au/news/circular-3463